Thursday, July 10, 2014

About Me, why did I choose to become an Entrepreneur?

January of 2008 found me contemplating life very seriously as I was on the tail end of a vicious fight against Lyme disease that debilitated me for years, reducing me to a wheel chair for most of that time and now that I was 90% back, it was time to do something to help out towards our future as my husband had carried the ball the whole time I was ill.  Having always worked with my husband in his company, I already knew a regular job was not going to work at all as there is no way I could be paid enough and because I still work for my husband, there are times that I travel with him  and a boss would not be impressed with me flitting here and there as needed!  On top of that, my husband would be needing to retire in about 10 years or less and we weren't anywhere near prepared for that so although I wasn't sure what I needed, I started searching anyway.

Looking through our local paper my eyes fell upon a particular ad and it read that I could work from home using my home computer and phone in my own hours, and something was already feeling good about that!  After watching the video on a website, I became even more excited and filled out the request for more information, then promptly forgot about it moments later.  The very next day I received a phone call from a lady who brought me through all of the information at no cost, pressure or risk to me. Once I said "YES" to Your Freedom Project, I was more than excited about starting my own business,  doing everything I was taught to get it up and running and while I was still learning what to do, I was also doing it and I became a director in 3 months.

In being so busy working on two important priorities in my life (my health and my business), I wasn't watching the points or the trackers or anything like that so I was quite surprised to find out through my trainers that I had qualified for the Mayan Riviera trip and in fact I could bring a third person if I wanted to.  It was in that moment that I truly understood Dr. Shaklee's quote:  "The more you share with others, the more your share becomes"  because for me, it's always been about my team and their success, and they are a huge part of the reason that I chose to go to the Vegas convention.  I knew that two of my directors were going to be recognized and there was no way I wanted to miss that and what a great reason to go and meet them in person as well as some of their team members.

Once we were in Vegas and had checked into the MGM Grand, Charlie and I went to the VIP section to pick up our registration packages and it wasn't until then that I realized I was being recognized in not one but two catagories:  Rank Advancement and Net Gain 1st Generation.  It meant I'd have to be in a seperate parade across the Grand Ballroom Stage than my team would be but  I really enjoyed the fact that I could sit back and cherish the moment when both directors crossed the stage and talk about tears of joy and in my eyes, I was so proud of them!  On the last night of the conference those of us who were in the Two Star catagory and above were recognized on the same big beautiful stage where we were actually introduced by name and got to shake hands with Roger Barnett, and wow was that a humbling moment.  I would not have gotten to experience that if it wasn't for the Freedom Project and all the fabulous leaders and coaches along the way as well as having an incredible team that like me, are still here. In crossing the stage, it was all of the above mentioned and everyone involved that I was representing and I am so very grateful for that honor. 

If you're finding yourself at some sort of a crossroad in your life where maybe you want more time freedom, wishing to stay home with your children, more income, you hate your futureless job, you want a better future or maybe you're just looking for something fun and productive to do at home, then this just might be your answer.  Won't you check it out today for free?     www.BossFree123.com

No comments:

Post a Comment